QUEEN OF HEARTS POT
$1,500.00 as of July 15, 2016
DRAWING EVERY MONDAY AT 8:00 PM – EVANSTON AMERICAN LEGION 2ND FLOOR
QUEEN OF HEARTS RAFFLE RULES
EVANSTON AMERICAN LEGION POST 42
Effective May 16, 2016
The game consists of 54 cards numbered and sealed face down. The initial starting jackpot is $1,000.00 and increases as the game progresses.
Ticket sales will close at 6:30 pm every Monday unless changed due to holidays. Drawing will be at 7:00 pm (or later dependent on counting of drawing money and jackpot amount determination). The Legion Club Room clock is the official clock. Any date changes will be announced in advance.
One ticket will be drawn from all tickets sold that week. The ticket winner will receive 30 free tickets for the next drawing just for having their ticket drawn. The number on the back of the ticket will be used to reveal one of the available cards on the Queen of Hearts board. If the ticket winner is present at the time of the drawing he/she will have the option of staying with the same number from their ticket or choosing any other number available at that time. If the ticket does not have a card number on it and the ticket winner is not present, the lowest available number will be chosen.
If the Queen of Hearts is chosen the raffle is closed and winnings distributed accordingly. Initial funding for the next raffle will be 10% of this final jackpot amount taken from the Legion fundraising portion of this jackpot.
If the Queen of Hearts is not drawn, then the pot rolls (minus any of the minor winning card amounts) into the next week. All non-winning tickets for the current week are destroyed and new tickets sold will be used in the coming week’s drawing.
Tickets cost $2.00 each, 3 for $5.00 and 15 for $20.00.
HOW MUCH CAN I WIN?
Queen of Hearts is a progressive raffle. Each week that the Queen of Hearts is not uncovered, the money collected (minus any minor winnings) rolls into the next week. We have set a $200,000.00 cap on this raffle with an initial $1,000.00 deposited into the raffle account to start. If we reach the raffle cap we will pull tickets on the next available raffle Monday until the Queen of Hearts is uncovered and we have a winner.
HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR TICKET
- Legibly print the number of the playing card you wish to have drawn if your ticket is chosen during the Monday drawing. This number will correspond to a number on the playing board that has not already been chosen. Do not pick a number that corresponds to a card that has already been flipped. If the number on your card has already been flipped then the lowest number card still available on the board will be flipped if you are not present to choose an alternative number.
- Legibly print your first and last name on the back of the drop ticket in the space provided. Only one name may be entered. If more than one name is entered only the first name listed is eligible to win.
- Legibly print your phone number on the back of the drop ticket in the space provided.
- Legibly print your email address on the back of the drop ticket in the space provided. If you do not have an email address you may leave this line blank.
- Return the filled out ticket to the bartender or an Evanston American Legion Representative.
Queen of Hearts: JACKPOT! If you are present you win 50% of the total pot. If you are not present you win 30% of the total pot.
Other Queens: $50.00
Winning ticket pulled: 30 free tickets for the next drawing
Being on the 2nd floor of the Evanston American Legion Post 42 building at the time the week’s ticket is drawn constitutes being present for the drawing. No exceptions will be made.
No prize money from the jackpot pool will be released to the winner until all necessary paperwork and withholding information is provided in person for IRS documentation and reporting (Form W-2G over $600.00). If the winner is unwilling to fill out form W-2G (or equivalent form) within 15 days prize money will revert back to the Evanston American Legion Post 42.
This Queen of Hearts Raffle is fully approved and licensed by the City of Evanston. Raffle license number 16-20.